I studied my Bachelor of Education through UniSA.
I am currently continuing my education through UniSA. I am working towards my Honours in Applied Psychology to enrich my understanding of human motivation, especially pertaining to in the classroom, as a Mathematics student, and in the workplace.
I have a deep passion for Mathematics Education, and Education in general, and as such I have devoted time for the last ten years to helping high school students successfully through their Mathematics curriculum.
My goal is to keep doing this for years to come.
What Makes Me Different:
I teach Mathematics because I love teaching Mathematics. I don’t see myself as a ‘Maths teacher’. I have an eclectic portfolio, with many diverse personal goals. I am drawn to teaching Maths over and over because it is a vocation where I feel my temperament, skill set, and abilities can really be put to good use in the world. I like to think of it as ‘I didn’t choose maths teaching, maths teaching chose me.’ And then I sort of became obsessed with it.
This is a place I can really be useful, and give back to my community.
I am also, queer and lgbtqi friendly (of course).
I adapt my teaching to each child’s needs, at the same time as really having an understanding of what it takes to get through. It’s a great achievement to have a high school Mathematics diploma in today’s world!
Tutor Job Responsibilities:
• Contributes to student learning, growth, and advancement.
• Demonstrates academic competence in subject area(s).
• Maintains a growth mindset toward student learning and teaching practice.
• Facilitates problem-solving with a curious mind and critical thinking skills.
• Collaborates effectively with parents and the organization to increase student performance.
• Invests in the learners’ well-being, health, and safety, physically, socially, and emotionally.
• Recognizes the relationship between social-emotional learning and academic performance and shows an ability to teach the “whole child.”
My experience has shown me that two hours long sessions is the minimum time I require per week per student in order to successfully obtained results. This time period also helps students get accustomed to solving Mathematics problems for long periods of time, which is a requirement for the length of their exit exam.
• Excellent time management and self motivation
• Patient, flexible, positive, consistent, dependable, and dedicated to my students.
• Ability collaborate with parents and teachers to obtain the best outcomes possible for each student.
• Ability to positively supervise students.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Education.
• Over ten years experience in Mathematics Education, with the last three years dedicated to exit exam preparation including CAPS NSC, IEB NSC and IB AA SL.
• Two years experience in online education.
• SACE registered
• As a life long learner, I am currently working towards my Honour’s degree in Applied Psychology
Contact me to book now!